Breezes Giving Back
We are dedicated to making a difference in the local community!
It is with great pleasure and pride that we have financed & are building a dedicated maternity clinic in our neighboring village of Bwejuu, which we believe will be of great benefit to the families of this community. A project that was started but abandoned due to lack of funds in the village, was taken over by us and is now nearing completion.
Having sought out and encouraged other donors to contribute in a similar venture, we are happy to say that through their efforts and generosity, Bwejuu now also has a brand new children’s clinic which is in the finishing stages.
For those guests wishing to support the local community, here is a list of recommended items that are always needed in the clinic. We greatly appreciate any support that is extended to this very important project.
We have taken great pains to build our hotel in an environmentally responsible way.
- - All Villas have solar power
- - We have a state of the art waste disposal & recycling system
- - An in house garden growing local produce.
- - We have an environmentally responsible desalination plant where all our water is produced locally and not taken from the village source.
We always prioritize purchasing any materials or supplies from our local village wherever possible and regularly get visits from local fishermen who sell us our catch of the day in our effort to support the local community.
- We made a decision when we opened The Palms to support the local hotel school as a result virtually 90% of all our staff are graduates. They have undergone intensive training programs, English classes (from a professional instructor of English) and have acquired a lifetime skill which will benefit them and the hospitality industry of Zanzibar in general for an entire generation.
- We built the hotel with a local workforce
- Our charity Breezes for Bwejuu (linked with our sister hotels Baraza and Palms) has been responsible for a huge improvement in the quality of life of the village. Since its inception, this charity has built a mosque, repainted the Bwejuu clinic and supplied them with fresh water and medicines (during the most recent power black out) we have donated beds and mattresses, clothes, school supplies, and books.